- Alliance to Save Energy This site includes a description of Alliance programs to promote the efficient and clean use of energy worldwide to benefit the environment, economy, and national security. Contains a consumer education piece and list of Alliance associates.
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- ACEE Consumer Guide
- Energy Center of WisconsinThe Energy Center of Wisconsin is dedicated to improving energy efficiency and renewable energy in Wisconsin. The Center provides energy-efficiency programs, research and education to residents, businesses, industry, and government.
- Energy Efficient Building Association, Inc. (EEBA)The mission of EEBA is to promote energy efficient and environmentally responsible buildings and communities. Their site contains a bookstore with books on new construction and healthy houses and other energy and environmental topics. The site also describes their workshops and conference.
- Home Energy MagazineHome Energy Magazine provides a practical guide for architects, builders, remodelers, engineers and building performance professionals on how to improve building performance. The site contains an index to all feature articles, some full articles, a contractor training guide, plus an extensive energy link feature.
- National Center for Appropriate Technology NCATs mission is to champion sustainable technologies and community based approaches that protect natural resources and assist people, particularly the economically disadvantaged, in becoming self-reliant. The site contains technical assistance in building technology and technology transfer programs. It also contains a section called the LIHEAP clearing house, which provides the latest information on energy programs for low-income citizens.
- Rocky Mountain Institute The Rocky Mountain Institute is a not for profit research and educational foundation whose mission is to foster the efficient and sustainable use of resources as a path to global security. The site has information on how to make a home more resource efficient, alternative fuels and construction techniques, water conservation, sustainable communities, energy policy and education resources.
- Smarter House